Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are website images so blurry on my browser?

No matter what website I visit, the images are blurry. At first, I thought it was a Safari problem, but it's also happening with Firefox. The zoom % isn't the issue because it's at 100%. My OS is 10.5.8 and I have Safari 5.0.6 and Firefox 3.6.28 (the latest versions for my system). Does anyone know how or why this is happening?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 9:06 PM

13 replies

Dec 12, 2013 12:44 PM in response to BDAqua

It's mostly noticeable on medium to large images. Attached are a few screenshots. These are websites that I visit regularly and know they use great quality images.:

1. CNN.com -- The images for the Kindle ads are blurry.

2. Studio-R-Designs.com -- The logo in the header is blurry.

3. Nubbytwiglet.com -- Most of the images on this site are blurry.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 12, 2013 2:05 PM in response to rlstewart76

Well, the middle one is Flash so this won't work, but on the 1st & 3rd, right click on those pics & choose Save As... look at them in Preview or such... any different?

Also, I'm not the best judge sinve such poor vision, bit the capture from your Video card doesn't look much different than what I see in a browser, which leads me to suspect your monitor or some setting on it.

Dec 12, 2013 4:33 PM in response to BDAqua

I saved those images and viewed them in Preview and Photoshop and they all appeared blurry. Actually, the Studio R website is my site and I meant to note that the middle imagery is a flash file; however, the logo is still blurry. I saved it from the site, then compared it with the original file on my computer and the qualities are very different. The blurry image has a file size of 4K, while the original is 80K. Maybe it is my monitor... I'll have to find my manual and do some troubleshooting 😕

User uploaded file

Why are website images so blurry on my browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.