Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 keeps shutting off when I lock it?

My lock button is broken, so I use the assistive touch to lock the phone. Until today, I didn't have any problems with it (outside of the occassional lag).

However, all of a sudden whenever I lock my phone the phone sort of shuts off/restarts. It doesn't seem like a complete power down, but when I press the home button to unlock the phone the apple logo comes up and it takes a few second before I can see the lockscreen. But unlike a complete shutdown or restart, the phone doesn't have to search for a network and there is no delay after that - it is as if I just unlocked the phone.

Has anyone else experience this issue?? If so, how did you fix this? I have tried to restart the phone, but it didn't seem to work.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 8:53 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 9:35 AM in response to r.mehta

This just started happening to me. I have an iPod Touch that is doing the exact same thing. At first I was thinking it was the power button but now if I just leave it alone and it auto locks it completely shuts off. Even with auto assist if you lock the screen it will shut off. How ever I choose to lock the screen it will not lock it, it will completely Shut the device Off.

Please if any has any idea what is going on.

Regards,

Apr 29, 2016 4:28 PM in response to MaxxD75

You're not alone, this problem started happening to me last night. I plugged in an external battery and s*it just went haywire. I did a restored it back to factory settings to see if that would help. FOr about an hour all was well, but now when I get a push notification it'll shut it off. Shouldn't need to reset it twice in one day but here goes nothing!

Oh, and KiltedTim, Thanks for stating the obvious mate. That'll reeeally help in a bind *eye-roll*

iPhone 5 keeps shutting off when I lock it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.