Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving messages to update my informations - phishing?

Hi, good morning.

For the last two days I've been receiving a message from apple@apple.com with the following text:

"

Dear Customer,
Some information on your account appears to be missing or incorrect.
Ρlease update your information promptly so that you can continue to enjoy
all the benefits of your Appel account.
If you don't update your information within 30 days, we'll limit what you can do with your Appel Αccount.

[update button]

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help link located in the upper right-hand corner of any Appel page.
Sincerely,
Appel

Ρlease do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the top of any ΡayΡal.

Copyright © 2013 Appel Inc. All rights reserved. ΡayΡal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

"

It doesn't seem to be a message from Apple, considering the image and being signed everywhere as "Appel", but the fact that the message is coming from apple@apple.com and being sent to 2 of my e-mail addresses (one is what I'm presently using, the other I haven't used it for years) makes me wonder if there wasn't any intrusion on Apple's data bases.

Could anyone confirm this?

I erased the messages received yesterday and logged in directly through Apple's website, I didn't find any warning that I needed to update any information. I will erase these messages also, but this seems weird.

Best regards. Miguel Caldeira Proenca

Apple ID-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:12 AM

1 reply

Receiving messages to update my informations - phishing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.