Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone e-mail setup

My iphone 5 e-mail setting POP suddenly stopped working - cannot read e-mail. Contacted provider - OPTUS in Australia - could not help - they put me thru to Apple - could not help with incoming server connections. Can I plug it in to Mac - Itunes and do it that way - very frustrating!

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:22 AM

34 replies

Dec 12, 2013 12:55 PM in response to Booberoi

Does the POP account work on your Mac? Did you check the Yahoo Mail Support page? When I still had my Yahoo mail on my Mac and iPhone, I had to change the password for getting mail from the server at some point, because I used the account on my device. Instead of logging in via the Internetbrowser with my usual Yahoo account password I had to create a special one for mail accounts on mobile devices.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_MOBILE&id=SLN370 2

Did you think about changing your POP account into IMAP?

Yahoo mail Account to iPhone Using IMAP

Dec 12, 2013 1:14 PM in response to Ingo2711

Hi Thanks! Yahoo works on Mac. I tried IMAP and yes it does work - dont like IMAP because when I delete e-mails on my iphone it deletes them on my Safari Mail - and if I delete e-mail on my iphone it does not come thru to my iMac Mail as it is deleted off the server. Also with IMAP I see I have "SENT" emails way back to 2007! So thats why I like POP.

What isYahoo support page? - Cannot find where I can ask a question.

Dec 12, 2013 1:55 PM in response to Booberoi

Log in with your Yahoo Id and select Help from the menu above, this should take you to your support page for your mail account.

I have set my account on the phone to never delete mail from the server in Settings/Mail/Advanced.

Same for the Mac, so, only if I empty the bin in Mail on the Mac by right clicking on it, those mails get deleted from the server.

iphone e-mail setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.