Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 Display Yellowish Screen

I am Mac user for last 7 years. I have 3 other Mac at home. The latest one I bought is a Retina Display. First time I saw a Mac with a Yellow screen. I have tryied to calibrate, but not much success. Then I took it to an Apple service centre, they madeout the differece and replaced the screen after 7 days. But after replacing, the problem is still there. I just can not accept yellow screen as I am so used to with white screen on my other Macs.

Now the question is how do I solve it?

User uploaded file

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:32 AM

With the initial LG Retina display, folks were seeing image retention. Thereafter it seems that Apple was replacing the screen with Samsung screens, which exhibited a yellow-ish tint. There haven't been many complaints of image retention or tinting on the Late 2013 models even though the screens may be LG or Samsung. It looks as if Apple finally got it just right.

However, as I understand it, Apple is still using the older screens for replacement parts. The only thing that I can advise is to keep having the screen replaced until you get one that you can live with. The tinting in your photo is obvious and I know of no way to 'calibrate' a warm screen to get an acceptable white point.

Good luck,

Clinton

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2013 2:32 AM in response to romeldey

With the initial LG Retina display, folks were seeing image retention. Thereafter it seems that Apple was replacing the screen with Samsung screens, which exhibited a yellow-ish tint. There haven't been many complaints of image retention or tinting on the Late 2013 models even though the screens may be LG or Samsung. It looks as if Apple finally got it just right.

However, as I understand it, Apple is still using the older screens for replacement parts. The only thing that I can advise is to keep having the screen replaced until you get one that you can live with. The tinting in your photo is obvious and I know of no way to 'calibrate' a warm screen to get an acceptable white point.

Good luck,

Clinton

Dec 12, 2013 2:52 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thanks for your suggestion.

Now the problem is, I bought it on 6th Dec and returned very next day, they took 7 days to replace the dispay. Now if I give them again they will take another few days to replace it, more over there is no guarantee that I will get a white screen after that. As you stated correctly "good luck", therfore I guess I have to keep returning it for infinite time to get the right replacement.

😐 Hmmmm......

Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 Display Yellowish Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.