Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my Quicktime Pro Key

I've logged in to my Account just like the Support Article states and clicked on View Order History but my Order is older than 18 months old. I can't view my purchase of Quicktime Pro 7 to retrieve my Key Code. Your support Article lies. Where do I find my Key Code?

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 3:54 AM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2013 7:50 AM in response to Bashdin

We are all just fellow users here and not responsible for what Apple's web pages say. If you want to comment to them on any inaccuracies, you can do so here:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

As Kirk said, orders older that 18 months can no longer be retrieved from the Apple Store. If you failed to save the email with the key Apple sent you, as they themselves advised, and you don't have a system with QT Pro still active from which you can copy the necessary preference file, you'll need to buy a new key.

Regards.

Dec 12, 2013 4:47 PM in response to Bashdin

If you have an old Time Machine backup, your QT key code is in the Library/Preferences/com.apple.QuickTime.plist file.

That relatively new change to the Apple TOS is a bit of a drag, and there's a lot worse ways to spend a dollar, so ALWAYS get and keep a small wire-bound notebook that you can jot down those serials in.

You wouldn't believe my numbers book..

How do I find my Quicktime Pro Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.