Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad disabled!

iPad disabled after too many password attempts. Attempted to download iTunes on new computer but this did not work. Computer used for initial setup no longer avail. Info & apps not restored. HELP!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 9:15 AM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2013 10:25 AM in response to taylohalo

By 'did not work' and 'info and apps not restored' you mean what exactly ? If you haven't been able to reset your iPad then there are instructions on this page for doing so :http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

If you have been able to reset your iPad via your computer's iTunes then you will need to restore to a backup to get your content back onto it. Do you have a backup on a computer or in the cloud that you can restore to ? Backups and restores : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4079

If you don't have a backup then you won't be able to get their content back, but you can redownload apps (if they are still in your country's store) via the Purchased tab in the App Store app, and possibly music, films and/or TV programmes via the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app

Dec 26, 2013 5:43 PM in response to King_Penguin

I tried again and it connected, it states the iPad was up to date and in Recovery Mode. I attempted to download software update then kicked out stating itunes can't connect because the iPad is locked with a pass code. It says I must enter the pass code on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes. Ipad says its disabled and to connect to iTunes. Gahhhh!!!

Will try new link you gave me.

Dec 28, 2013 4:24 AM in response to taylohalo

I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and attempted instructions provided. The iPad connects to iTunes and a software updateis attempted but never finishes. Tried multiple times with same end result: iiTunes requests me to enter the passcode on the iPad but I don't have that option on my iPad as it is marked with "IPAD IS DISABLED-Connect to iTunes".

iPad disabled!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.