Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing my ipod from an external hard disk

i had laptop in which i backed up my ipod, but recently something messed up in its motherboard. I have a hard disk enclosure so, i have all the data and the backup too. Today i decided to update my ipod touch 4th gen from the settings, after pressing update now left it. Now, i don't know how, it is in DFU mode i guess (screen with usb cable and itunes sign comes up ) when i connect it to itunes it says i'll have to restore it.
So my question is, is there a way that after restoring my ipod and updating i can sync it with the backup i have in my laptop's hard disk, as mentioned above i have an enclosure and it can be used as an external hard disk.
if yes, how?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 11:03 AM

You have to import all your media and the iPod backup that iTunes makes into your "new" computer and the restore from backup.

This may help restoring your iTunes library:

iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive

The following telly you where the iPod backup is stored. Just copy it from the old HD to the same place on the "new" computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2013 11:03 AM in response to lucifer96

You have to import all your media and the iPod backup that iTunes makes into your "new" computer and the restore from backup.

This may help restoring your iTunes library:

iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive

The following telly you where the iPod backup is stored. Just copy it from the old HD to the same place on the "new" computer.

Dec 13, 2013 5:15 AM in response to lllaass

okay, i'm having 2 problems:

1) when i choose the itunes library from my external HD it doesn't change anything in itunes, none of my old songs or playlists come.
2) I can't find the roaming folder in app data folder on my external HD. there are only 2 folders in my HD Local and LocalLow, this is in my external HD, there is a roaming folder in my new computer though.
help!

Syncing my ipod from an external hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.