Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ho do I access .olm files in outlook 2010

I have transferred a folder that contains a few thousand emails arranged in sub-folders fromk mac to windows. The email files read .olm in properties window and I need to import these files in outlook 2010. I see no option in outlook 2010 import wizard to get these files imported into outlook 2010. So how do I convert these olm files into .pst in order to import the folder in outlook 2010? Please Help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 10:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2017 2:55 AM in response to J-Blantz

To understand the entire manual procedure to convert OLM file into Outlook PST format starting from setting up an IMAP account to final synchronization step, refer this article on Ways To Convert OLM File Into PST Format.

This article covers all bases pertaining to the same requirement in a detailed manner along with screenshots.

Hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2013 2:46 AM in response to J-Blantz

You can try for manual migration method which looks tough to implement but can be done with the consumption of time.

Follow these steps:

1. Setup IMAP Mail Account

2. Configure Mac Outlook with IMAP Mail Account

3. Synchronize GMail with Mac Outlook

4. Move Emails to Mailbox of IMAP

5. Transfer Emails in Windows Outlook from IMAP Mailbox

Else,

It is simple to switch from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook if you are using a third-party solution like "Olm To Pst Converter Pro" which can convert OLM to PST & will make it easy to move from one platform to another.

There can be various similar tools which can work for conversion of olm to pst & help to move from mac machine to windows machine.

Check here: http://office.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html

Jan 14, 2014 12:39 AM in response to Bell233

As I have already mentioned in my question that I have migrated a folder in windows that reads .olm in properties window, so using Imap was no where fitting as a solution.

Rather I got this tool named olm to pst converter pro, that was best in converting the olm files into pst and then it was all easy to import the files in windows outlook.

Thank you all for helping out.

May 13, 2014 4:48 AM in response to J-Blantz

try the mac version of olm to pst converter pro (as I did) and there was no hassles of exporting the outlook for mac files and then converting it using the windows version of olm to pst converter pro after the exported file is copies from mac to windows.

the mac version auto detects the outlook for mac files and there are no risks of demaged ot corrupted email files (as these are the casesthat arouse when the files are exported) and much faster than any olm to pst converter.

youcan find this tool at: http://olmtopstconverterpro.com/download-olm-to-pst-converter-pro-instant-digita l-download/

Ho do I access .olm files in outlook 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.