Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message: Volume "Macintosh HD is full" on brand new mini

Hi,

Just installed Logic X on a brand new Mini 2.6Ghz, 256 ss HD, 16 gigs Ram. This is a dedicated machine for music so there is really no other major programs installed. I have almost 200 gigs of free HD space. I am using 2 interfaces as an agregate device for a total of 20 i/o. One is a MOTU 896MK3 and the other is an Audiofire Echo which is the master clock. The connection is Firewire 400 and I'm recording at 44.1 to the same internal HD. I also optimized my computer settings by turning off indexing and time machine.

On this project I have about 12 tracks of live drums enabled which I can record with no problem but when I try to play the tracks back after about 30 seconds in it stops and I get this error message: Volume "Macintosh HD is full" . The session has no software instruments at this time and I have no plugins on the tracks yet. When I look at my CPU load it's very low as would be expected and I have a ton of HD space. This computer is literally 2 days old. I am monitoring the individual tracks back through the interfaces into the returns on my analog mixer channels. I should also say that I had similar issues trying to run this setup on an older macbook pro which had a lot of software installed on it and is not a robust, I thought that upgrading to a newer faster machine would be the way to go. I am suspecting that my agregate interface setup could be a week link but getting an HD error message doesn't make any sense to me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 6:10 AM

Hello. Having this issue as well. I have 380 GB free and it's saying "disc is full."

3 replies

Jun 23, 2014 1:44 PM in response to Terrence Tobin

Please read this thread...

http://superuser.com/questions/682465/mac-hard-drive-full-message-when-its-not

Its normally caused by a disk data problem ..... and the solution in this thread usually fixes it...

if this doesnt fix it.. try rebuilding your Spotlight indexes.... as Spotlight is what Logic uses to track everything on disk.... so it could be a corrected index that is at the root of your problem.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/17/rebuild-spotlight-index/

Error message: Volume "Macintosh HD is full" on brand new mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.