Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my name on my iCloud email address

Hi! I need some help

I am trying to figure out why whenever I send an email, it has someone else's name on it. So other people think that it is someone else emailing them, I can't find the option to change your name in mail prefrences, it was greyed out... please help 😢

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 1:33 PM

If you mean the sending name that appears on the "From:" line, to change it on and iOS device, go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars...tap iCloud under Accounts, tap your iCloud account at the top of the next screen, tap Mail at the bottom of the next screen, then enter the name you want to use in the Name field at the top.

To change the From name on your Mac Mail, go to icloud.com, sign into your account, open Mail, click the gear shaped icon on the bottom left and choose Preferences, go to the Accounts tab and enter the name you want to use in the Full Name field and click Done. Then quit Mail on your Mac and re-open it. Your new From name should now appear in the drop-down list when you compose a new email.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2013 1:33 PM in response to Alex.Underwood

If you mean the sending name that appears on the "From:" line, to change it on and iOS device, go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars...tap iCloud under Accounts, tap your iCloud account at the top of the next screen, tap Mail at the bottom of the next screen, then enter the name you want to use in the Name field at the top.

To change the From name on your Mac Mail, go to icloud.com, sign into your account, open Mail, click the gear shaped icon on the bottom left and choose Preferences, go to the Accounts tab and enter the name you want to use in the Full Name field and click Done. Then quit Mail on your Mac and re-open it. Your new From name should now appear in the drop-down list when you compose a new email.

How to change my name on my iCloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.