Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My friend switched from his iPhone to a S4 and now my phone won't use SMS to text him just keeps trying to send an iMessage. Please help!

I have a friend that switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S4 and my phone won't send him texts. It keeps trying to send iMessages. Please Help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 1:04 PM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2013 1:42 PM in response to will556

My daughter switched from a iphone to S4 when they get rid of there iphone they should turn the imessage off which she did not so when I text her she still comes up as imessage and i have to double tap when the option comes up send a text messagei resend it is a hassle but she get the message my hubby might get a S4 also i told him already to shut off the imessage before he wipes the phone

Jan 31, 2015 2:12 PM in response to will556

I Had the same exact problem. I deleted the contact and deleted ALL text messages. My friend was part of an old group message which was causing the problem. I was the only person in a group message with 5 people that couldn't send an sms. once I deleted all the messages that involved that particular friend the problem disappeared.

hope that helps.

My friend switched from his iPhone to a S4 and now my phone won't use SMS to text him just keeps trying to send an iMessage. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.