Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New logic board broken again

Evening all, in October I came here for advice as my MBA wouldn't start up and all I got was the start up chimes only, anyway it got sent to apple hospital for 2 weeks and as I was out of warenty it was just under 16 mths old I got charged £120 for a new logic board. Well the other night my cursor kept sticking couldn't move it, then the fan sounded load so I powdered down for the night.didnt use last night as had a niggling feeling in head.today it stats up and all I get are the chimes over and over and no login screen and I have to force quit. Now I'm really annoyed as I have had this fixed for barely 3 mths and it seems to of happened again.i am busy being Xmas cooking for Xmas functions,banquets so I have phoned storefront who have my details online still heard the chimes over the phone and have advised I take it back so they can send back to apple.they have assured me that if it is the logic board I will not be charged.is there anything else I can say to them as I think something lasting under 3 mths is not acceptable.any advice again or ideas of any issues known please tell me .thank you in advance. Also I am in the uk.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:57 PM

Yes, hello to Kent UK

You state- have advised I take it back so they can send back to apple.they have assured me that if it is the logic board I will not be charged.is there anything else I can say to them as I think something lasting under 3 mths is not acceptable

This alas, but no comfort to you in saying same,...in the nature of technology; of course Apple wants you to be happy and has requested your Air for further parts replacement, specifically the logic board.

As to anything to say, nothing that would improve your situation, since the part must be replaced regardless, only the frustration of doing same and down time of course cannot be remedied regardless of what is or isnt said.

The extremely complex nature of tech. allows for such an odd occurrence and a 'short lived' part here or there. But your warranty and promise for a free logic replacement is important and in place.

Peace to you in Kent.

😊

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2013 2:57 PM in response to kentgirl

Yes, hello to Kent UK

You state- have advised I take it back so they can send back to apple.they have assured me that if it is the logic board I will not be charged.is there anything else I can say to them as I think something lasting under 3 mths is not acceptable

This alas, but no comfort to you in saying same,...in the nature of technology; of course Apple wants you to be happy and has requested your Air for further parts replacement, specifically the logic board.

As to anything to say, nothing that would improve your situation, since the part must be replaced regardless, only the frustration of doing same and down time of course cannot be remedied regardless of what is or isnt said.

The extremely complex nature of tech. allows for such an odd occurrence and a 'short lived' part here or there. But your warranty and promise for a free logic replacement is important and in place.

Peace to you in Kent.

😊

Dec 12, 2013 2:59 PM in response to kentgirl

Well, if you paid for the first logic board, surely there was some understanding between you and the seller (I have no idea who the "apple hospital" is) as to the nature of the warranty for the replacement board. If your second failure is within the agreed upon warranty period of that board, then that is your "argument" in total.

I'm presuming that the board had a warranty of 90 days or longer.

New logic board broken again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.