Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5.0.7 update problem

I am running an iMac with OSX version 10.9 and have Motion 5.O installed with FCP 7.0.3. I recently tried to use a motion template and get the error code, "This file must be opened in Motion 5.5 or later." I tried clicking software update but no update is available. I'm wondering if I now have to upgrade to FCP X in order to get Motion 5.0.7? Do I also need to upgrade the operating system?

Motion 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 3:55 PM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2013 10:37 AM in response to videotales

You update to Motion 5.0.7 in the App Store. Open the App Store and click on updates tab and it should be there for you. Sign in using the same Apple account which you used to buy Motion 5. I assume the template you tried to open is a Motion 4 template. Some of the Motion 4 templates will not work in Motion 5 due to missing image filters etc. No need to upgrade to FCP X in order to upgrade Motion. It works with FCP 7 but not as integrated as Motion 4. It is designed to work with FCP X.

5.0.7 update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.