Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 battery detriorating prematurely

The battery on my iPhone 5 started to deteriorate considerably about 10 months following it's purchase. Did not have time to take it to the apple store right away. Now that I finally managed to take it to the apple store (15 months post purchase), they confirmed that the battery is failing. They even stated that it is failing prematurely (low cycle number). I still was asked to pay the full battery replacement charge since at that time, the 1 year warranty had passed. I find this outrageous. Myself and my wife spent quite a bit on apple products over the last 5 yrs (3 iPads, 3 macbook/ macbook pros, 4 iPhones, many accessories including a new iPad on the same day of the visit to the store). I can afford the battery replacement charge. However, I refuse to pay it because I just do not think it is justified. I feel cheated and short changed. The battery clearly failed prematurely. Is anyone else having the impression Apple custumer support is not what it used to be?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 4:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2014 8:00 AM in response to mmuayed

Yes! I had the same problem, but mine failed at 17 months. They told me it did not reach the number of cycles where it should have failed and then demanded that I pay $80 to replace it -- despite the fact that their hardware failed and did not last their own minimums!

I also have a number of other friends that have had serious problems, and one which must be particularly charming because he's on his third battery.

iPhone5 battery detriorating prematurely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.