Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast options for ios 6.

Im trying to download some podcasts in itunes, but it says i need to download the podcast app. I cant download the app becuase it requires ios 7 and my ipod only goes upto 6.1.5. There's no option to download an earlier version. This is ridicoulous. Is there any other option i have?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 4:30 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2013 6:05 PM in response to Doesitworkful1

Basically, you have to use itunes on your computer to download the podcast app to you your computer. It is free but checks your payment method for some reason. Then go to the app store on your ipod and search for the podcast app. The app will be shown with an iCloud logo instead of the usual "FREE" download link. Click the link and it will then allow you to download the older version. Then after you launch it, you will notice that the podcasts are removed from your music icon and moved over to their own podcast icon. Seems to have better features with syncing and automatic downloading of new material. Anyway it seems to be working on my 4th gen ipod touch. Good luck

Podcast options for ios 6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.