Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 screen distortion colors

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

So i do not think i dropped my ipad but i am having weird distorted colors. Anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it??

Could it be that i did not upgrade to ios 7 yet?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 4:59 PM

7 replies

Dec 12, 2013 6:48 PM in response to fudou

Try this - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.) No data/files will be erased.

If there's the possibility it was dropped, turn the iPad over and give it a HARD SLAP on the back. May take several slaps.

dropped iPad

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4474708?tstart=30

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Apr 30, 2016 11:07 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

U know what... i was so cynical about your suggestion but out of desperation, and the fact that i would not be able to do anything for another day (its the weekend) i kinda slapped my iPad 2 on the back.. One .. twice .. third time was a charm! The screen that was looking like white noise is now back it its former self. Touchwood. Of course I've now vowed to never drop the iPad or ever be careless.. but well.. big thanks to you from me in India!

Ipad 2 screen distortion colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.