Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did all the cool effects from v6.0.5 go to in v10.0.1?

I am a new Garageband user, and I was only familiar with Garageband on the iPad. I've only recently used the v6.0.5 when I realised there is a newer version, v10.0.1. I downloaded it from the App Store and then found out that the functions and features are so much different!

User uploaded file

For example in this screenshot (v6.0.5), the effects on the right (real instrument, master track) are gone in the v10.0.1... The simplest effects are echo and reverb (since they are in Garageband for iPad), and they are also gone in the new version!

I really need some help here, is it just me who finds that the older version has more effects? Or is it that the new version has such effects, and that a newbie like me can't find them? /;

Oh and one more question, is there a way to keep both versions and use both versions at the same time? I would really like to do that. When I downloaded v10.0.1 from the App Store, the new version replaced the older one and I almost thought I lost v6.0.5, but when I deleted v10.0.1, v6.0.5 came back up.

I look forward to anyone's kind reply~ Desperate newbie here );

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 5:45 PM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2013 5:50 PM in response to AdelRoseumi

AdelRoseumi wrote:

the effects on the right (real instrument, master track) are gone in the v10.0.1...

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#trackeffectequivsgbv10

This FAQ entry offers a Minute GarageBand video tutorial

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

AdelRoseumi wrote:

is there a way to keep both versions and use both versions at the same time?

yes, when you install GBv10, v6 is placed in a folder within your Applications folder

Where did all the cool effects from v6.0.5 go to in v10.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.