Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 1 year old was recently button mashing on my macbook pro while iTunes 11 was open, and now the rewind button in the top left corner is replaced with a genius button. How can I change this back?

My 1 year old was recently button while iTunes 11 was open, and now the rewind button in the top left corner is replaced with a genius button. How can I change this back?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 5:15 PM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 12:11 PM in response to kf692210

I noticed this on my iTunes recently and after some playing around, have figured it out. If the Genius button appears rather than the Rewind button, simply select music, go through your library and with your clicker, pick & highlight any song at all. This will turn the Genius button back into a Rewind button.
To turn it from the Rewind button back into a Genius icon, simply hold down option and it will revert to a Genius button while you're still holding the button down. If you, while holding it down, click on it to start a Genius playlist, it will now remain as a Genius icon until you, as I described above, go into your library and select/highlight any song at all.

My 1 year old was recently button mashing on my macbook pro while iTunes 11 was open, and now the rewind button in the top left corner is replaced with a genius button. How can I change this back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.