Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore has no Progress bar in purchases but I see one in updates?

I have a problem with the progress bar not showing in purchases after i clicked install for the app to download. The file cannot be seen in apps folder until it is done whenever it gets there. I did get Mavericks this way over night and I was greeted with a install window the next day. I don' t want to install right away so I turned it off and left it in apps folder. I used activity monitor and it showed it was using lots of bandwidth I got 3gigs next day. It's happened more than once. I don't like something coming in that uses up all my hardrive if airport is left on!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Imac 21.5 (2009)

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 5:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2013 5:58 PM in response to leer66

I'm not sure what your issue is. The Maveriscks installer is 5.29 GBs. Just as the Mavericks pane in the Mac App Store states. And when an OS X installer completes the download it automatically opens, however as you saw it does give you the decision as to whether to go ahead with the install. You can also see a progress bar for a downloading app in Launchpad.

User uploaded file

Dec 12, 2013 6:31 PM in response to Dah•veed

I can't see other files progress bar when downloading either. I thought it was trying to get Mavericks again except it does this everyday after I got mavericks wasting bandwidth or something else is trying to download from appstore I don't have launch pad yet anyway thanks for info. I don't know who's sending what?

AppStore has no Progress bar in purchases but I see one in updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.