4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 10:36 PM by léonie
AdelRoseumi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have just downloaded voxReducer from online and it is a plug-in for Garageband.

Now it has some problem and when I try to use the plug-in, it produced a huge voice which almost made me deaf through my earphones. ==;

I wish to uninstall it, and through some research I can uninstall by going to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to remove the file. However, my Components directory is completely empty, and I tried to search my Mac but there was no file which had "voxReducer" for its name.

Thinking that the voxReducer plug-in was deleted, I went back to Garageband to find that it is still in my list of Audio Unit Effects?!?!

Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 3.15.32 pm.png

What do I do? I seriously need to get rid of it, it doesn't operate properly as a vocal remover and there are glitches here and there...

I need help! T-T

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • HangTime Level 9 Level 9 (50,375 points)

AdelRoseumi wrote:

I can uninstall by going to Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to remove the file. However, my Components directory is completely empty,

the path "Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components" is the root directory, is that where you really looked, or was it "~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components", from your "Home" directory? which ever you looked at, check the other (it's most likely in the root directory)

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,540 points)

Have you found the component by now?

I made a trial install of voxReducer2 to checkk where it gets unstalled  - the only install option was in the user library, not the system library for all users. The plug-in ended up in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/voxReducer2.component/  - in the hidden user library. That is very unusual. As HangTime said, usually these plug-ins will be installed in the System Library for all users.

To remove it from the user library, you need to open the hidden library. Use the Finder's "Go" menu:

Click somewhere on the empty Desktop to bring the Finder forard, then Select "Go" from the main menu bar and hold down the alt/options key ⌥, until "Library" appears in the drop-down menu.

Then select Library, and in the window that will open, go to the "Components" folder.

You need really to get rid of his plug-in in Mavericks - I only used it for a few minutes and Garageband needed to be force quit!

-- Léonie

• AdelRoseumi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you @HangTime and @leonie so much! Yes, my Garageband needed to be force quit too. Now the plug ins are gone! Thank you so so much. (;

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,540 points)

You are welcome