Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone side switch and silent mode buttons issue

My side button switch on my iphone locks and the screen rotation and the button where its suppost to lock the screen is now the silent mode. How do i switch them back to the way it was ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 4:43 AM

26 replies

Dec 13, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Albert124

Okay so ima describe it as clear as possible. So im on ios 7 and you know how if you slide the bottom up,that little settings tab comes out. On that settings tab theres the a icon that has the lock rotation. Yea my iphone,instead of the lock rotation button on the settings tab it has the silent mode button And on the side of my iphone instead of the silent mode switch its now the lock rotation switch.. I wanna know how do i change that back to normal ? My iphpne is not jailbroken

Dec 13, 2013 3:23 PM in response to Albert124

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

the first three images show you that my device is not jailbroken. and the fourth image as you can see has the silent mode switch there. thats what i was talking about. and you see the side little switch on the iphone and ho w its suppost to put the phone in silent mode.? yea my iphone locks the rotation when i move the switch. do you understand what im talking about now ?

Aug 8, 2014 10:42 PM in response to Albert124

Hey this response is a little late for you however can benefit others withe same issue in the future.

So you had a very hard time explaining your situation mainly because the people who replied back were idiots.

First off it's not a glitch, and is not due to jail breaking your device. To revert back to normal settings first go to settings. Next go in the general tab. Look for "mute" (9th rectangle). Now in that section it will say what to use the side button for instead of having rotation inhibitor checked make sure to check mute. Problem solved.

Aug 9, 2014 5:57 AM in response to IWinULooz

Before you go calling others names, it's generally a good idea to know what you are talking about.

In this case, you do not know what you speak of.

There is not "mute" setting under General nor has there ever been any setting in iOS on the iPhone (the model being discussed here and the forum that we are in) for the Mute switch. At one point, there was a setting for the mute switch on the iPad, but again, that is not the model being discussed here.

Iphone side switch and silent mode buttons issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.