Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod Nano 6th Generation Deleting Songs

How do I delete songs off my ipod nano? I tried selecting songs on my ipod in itunes and hitting delete as an older post suggested, but this is not working for me.

iPod nano (6th generation)

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 8:56 AM

Hi anmarie4343,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The iPod nano User Guide has information regarding deleting music on page 18. See the section "Managing iPod nano manually"

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1551/en_US/iPod_nano_6thgen_User_Guide.pd f

Set iTunes to manage content manually:

1 In iTunes Preferences, click Devices, and then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”

2 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list and click the Summary tab.

3 In the Options section, select “Manually manage music.”

4 Click Apply.

When you manually manage content on iPod nano, you must always eject iPod nano from iTunes before you disconnect it. See “Eject iPod nano:” on page 13.

Add a song or other item manually:

1 In iTunes, click Music or another item below Library on the left side of the iTunes window.

2 Drag a song or other item to iPod nano in the device list.

Remove a song or other item from iPod nano:

1 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list.

2 Select a song or other item on iPod nano, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.

If you remove a song or other item from iPod nano, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library.

I hope this information helps ....

Happy Holidays!

- Judy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2013 8:56 AM in response to anmarie4343

Hi anmarie4343,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The iPod nano User Guide has information regarding deleting music on page 18. See the section "Managing iPod nano manually"

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1551/en_US/iPod_nano_6thgen_User_Guide.pd f

Set iTunes to manage content manually:

1 In iTunes Preferences, click Devices, and then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”

2 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list and click the Summary tab.

3 In the Options section, select “Manually manage music.”

4 Click Apply.

When you manually manage content on iPod nano, you must always eject iPod nano from iTunes before you disconnect it. See “Eject iPod nano:” on page 13.

Add a song or other item manually:

1 In iTunes, click Music or another item below Library on the left side of the iTunes window.

2 Drag a song or other item to iPod nano in the device list.

Remove a song or other item from iPod nano:

1 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list.

2 Select a song or other item on iPod nano, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.

If you remove a song or other item from iPod nano, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library.

I hope this information helps ....

Happy Holidays!

- Judy

ipod Nano 6th Generation Deleting Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.