4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 11:33 AM by Old Toad
jrc362 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hello,

I have iPhoto 8.1.2 and recently tried to order a book. When I click "Options + Prices" I get a message saying the page no longer exits. Then when I click "Check For Updates" I get the message "A new version of iPhoto is available as part of iLife '11 " but that link is dead too. Next I went to the App Store and tried to download iPhoto 9.5.1 for Mac but I got a message saying "iPhoto can’t be installed on “HD” because Mac OS X version 10.9 or later is required." So I went to download Mavericks and got this message "OS X Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer." A check of the requirements reveals the software cannot be installed on my older MacPro. So now what? I'd like to order some books but can't get there from iPhoto '09. Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (123,650 points)
    When I click "Options + Prices" I get a message saying the page no longer exits.

Did it say page or theme?  iPhoto 8 should be able to order books but the theme you've used may not be offered any more.  Duplicate the book (click on the book and type Command+D), change the theme on the duplicate and try to order the book again.  Don't complete the order if it looks like it will go thru because you'll want to preview the book to make sure there all the photos and text are there.  Changing themes can mess up photo order and text so check carefully before ordering.

Happy Holidays

• jrc362 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi Old Toad,

Thanks for the reply. Your question prompted me to check again and here is what I found:

When a photo album is slected, and you click the "BOOK" icon in the lower third, it brings up a drop down menu that includes a button ofr "Options and Prices" clicking that button takes you to a page that no longer exists, which says "Hmm, the page you're looking for no longer exists. However, if I choose a book layout from this same dropdown menu, it creates a book template and when I select "Buy Book" from that window, I can get to the options and prices. Didn't think of trying that before but your message got me thinking. So thanks!!

Seems you have helped before on other stuff and I am very grateful.

Happy Holidays to you too!

John

• mbeachmuscle Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi John,

I have a similar issue. I called IPhone support and was told that in order for me to upload my IPhotos pictures to ICloud I needed to first update the OS from 10.7.5 to Mavericks then update my IPhoto from 8.1.2 version to current. I try to download the new IPhoto version after downloading Maverick and get the same message you get that the page is not found.

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (123,650 points)

I try to download the new IPhoto version after downloading Maverick and get the same message you get that the page is not found.

So you're unable to download iPhoto.  Is that what you're saying. Can you take a screenshot of the message that comes up and post in here?