Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs disappearing from playlist!

I've had this problem for quite a while now, where I try to sync a playlist, but only a fraction of the songs in the playlist will show up. The songs however, are actually synced into my phone, because they appear in "all songs", just not in the playlist itself. Someone please help!

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 9:21 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2014 6:59 AM in response to oopsyda1sy

The same thing keeps happening to me. I sync my 5s to my late 2013 MBP (15" Retina) and my playlists work for a while. Then, for some unknown reason, on several playlists some or all of the songs just disappear. They are still on the phone, but not in the playlists.

The temporary fix I have been using is to unsync all music from the phone and then resync all of my music to the phone. This takes a while, since I have over 20GB of music on the phone. I have done this twice and am doing it again now. If this doesn't stop the issue, I will try backing up the whole phone and then restoring to factory settings and setting it up again as I did when it was new. This never happened on my 4s. . .

One other strange thing that is happening--I duplicated one of the troubled playlists and gave it a different name. When I tried to unsync the other playlist and sync the new one, iTunes said I didn't have enough space (though I have 10GB free). So I unchecked "Sync Music" and clicked "Apply." It farted around for a while, but didn't ultimately clear out as much hard drive room on the phone as the music had occupied. So I synced the phone again with music unchecked, and it only then cleared all of my music off of the phone. Then I was able to recheck "Sync Music" and everything came back and worked, for a while. . .

songs disappearing from playlist!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.