Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happen to the datas on the iPhone5, using it with a nano sim card in europe?

I own an Iphone 5 with a verizon contract. When I bought it they told me that is already unblocked.

Now I'm leaving to europe for the holidays and I am worried about all my data, contacts, notes & photos on the iphone if I put a micro sim card in it.

I don't want to loose any datas and I don't want to import anything from the sim card. Just wanna use the iphone in Italy while I will be there.

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 9:46 AM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2013 9:50 AM in response to FaffaRan

1. The iPhone 5 uses a Nano sim card not a micro sim card. If you try to put a micro sim card in, it simply won't fit.

2. Your Phone's data is independant to the sim card. The Sim card simply holds your cellular carrier info and settings and your associated cell number.

Inserting a sim card will just change your number and the carrier your phone will connect to but will not affect your phone's data.

what happen to the datas on the iPhone5, using it with a nano sim card in europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.