Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime won't export to Itunes??

I have been using final cut express to make my videos. When I export them, I export them over to quicktime. To upload them to vimeo, they need to be below 500MB. I have always just uploaded them to Itunes which makes them smaller. I have done this for years now. Now, all of a sudden I am getting this message when I export them over to itunes:

Can’t make file "Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:iO:iOileZbUEKGVLQJbYlGoXE+++TI:-Tmp-:Butt Kicking Salmon (Computer).m4v" into type alias.

I don't understand how all of a sudden I can not do this procedure. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it? I have searched all over and I can not figure it out. I am also looked for Itune updates

Thanks guys!

IMAC

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 11:04 AM

When you export the movie to Quicktime, is Make Movie Self Contained checked?

MtD

3 replies

Dec 14, 2013 1:56 PM in response to stelmon

I realize your workflow was working correctly for you, and suddenly it is not, but I think I don't understand exactly what you are doing. I am not trying to derail your thread in a non-productive direction, but to me it sounds like you are doing to many steps to do what you want . . .

Can you give a more detailed account of how you are doing your export?

What settings are you using in QuickTime conversion to convert the file?

If you are converting it to a Vimeo friendly codec and frame size, why is iTunes involved?

Here is a link to the Vimeo Compression Guidelines:

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

MtD

Quicktime won't export to Itunes??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.