Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export on FCPX Trial?

Hi!

I just finished a project, and when I want to export/share it, but in the top menu "File" all the options are greyed out. And if i click on the share button on the right.

It says "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera."

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I don't understand why. The importing of the media is complete (i even reimported the whole material i need for this editing twice), all the clips are available to be read, at least, they seem to be linked to the source data, which is on a external HD.

I deleted all the renders files for both event and project.

I tryed to export another project with just two clips, and it worked, so there is something wrong with this project but i don't understand what.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 11:33 AM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2013 5:15 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

With the FCPX closed, I copyed the clips from my 3 SD cards on my external HD. May be I had a problem importing it at the begininng, that's why I did it again on a separate folder.

Then I copyed the project, then I imported those "new" clips for this copyed project. Didn't work neither.

Should I import those clips from the FCPX page, the one opening when I connect the SD cards? I didn't try this solution because I read in a previous conversation on this website that FCPX needs to be connected to media archive and i can't be connected to 3 SD card at the same time. Thanks a lot.

Dec 15, 2013 12:12 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

When I say that I copyed the clips, I mean that I copyed the whole structure, the whole folder (with the .cpi)

The clips are .mts

Thus, I copyed the three : AVF_INFO, DCIM and PRIVATE with its AVCHD folder and so on.

User uploaded file

Something that can be usefull, each time I open FCPX, some clips (always the sames) are written "Missing event", but not all of them, I need to "Reimport from camera/archive...".

Besides, the external HD i'm working with has a problem connecting with the computer sometimes, the wire is a bit sensitive, so i guess some clips were well imported.

... few hours later starting to write this post as a draft...

Thanks to this page, I realized that in the folder "original media" some clips were missing even though they were visible in the timeline.

So I checked all the clips and reimported one by one the missing ones from my archive on my external HD.

And it worked! I could export my work.

Thank you Tom for your kind help! All the best.

How to export on FCPX Trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.