Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes says I have 2253 items for 19 GB. When I go into About this Mac and then Storage it says my music takes up 204GB. What's going on?

My iTunes says I have 2253 items for 19GB. When I go into About My Mac and then into Storage

it says my Music is taking up 204 GB. What is going on?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 2:49 PM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Mesotherapy

What you see in the library and what's in your itunes Media folder may or may not be the same thing.

The library is songs you've added to iTunes for playing.

There could be files in the media folder that aren't added to the library, so you won't see them.

Also, your Music library is only one of your libraries. Do you have Movies, audiobooks, apps or downloaded podcasts too?

And lastly, Album art. BIG art takes a lot of space, sometimes up to 1.5 mb per file, per song. That's included in the Music of your storage assessment because it's part of the MP3 metadata.

My iTunes says I have 2253 items for 19 GB. When I go into About this Mac and then Storage it says my music takes up 204GB. What's going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.