Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it take so long for ANY app in iOS7 for iPhone 5s to close or shut down? My sister's iOS6 is way faster

I'm comparing my iPhone 5s with the latest iOS 7 with my sister's iOS 6 iPhone 5 and it just takes longer for ANY app to shut down or close. When I click the Home Button on the iOs6 it goes home immediately and with the iOS 7 takes fractions of seconds. My mother's iOS7 iPhone 5 has te same problem so it's not just an iPhone 5s issue. Also, when I unlock the screen it just takes forever for all the apps to get in place and ready to be used while iOS 6 does it immediately.

Is there a way (like a crack or something) to go back to iOS 6? I know when I bought the iPhone 5s it comes with the iOS 7 already but I would really exchange it for an iPhone 5 which originally came tieh iOS 6. iOS 7 may look way better with an amazing design, but in my family's and friends' opinions it's just too slow comparing with the previous versions and it doesnt only apply with the LATEST update but since the first version of iOS 7 came out.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, running slow

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 3:47 PM

9 replies

Dec 13, 2013 4:02 PM in response to razmee209

what would happen if I reset the network settings? wouldnt it like delete all my wifi saved passwords or so? what does it have to do with the "slow app shut down problem" with iOS 7? I mean the apps work fine I have no problem with any of them, it's just that it takes longer to closed them, doesn't matter if I have 10 apps running or just 1 :S

Dec 13, 2013 4:06 PM in response to Tonchi

If what razmee209 recommended does not work, I suggest it is an issue with your phone backup. Did you restore the device from a backup of another one? I have an iPhone 5s and activated it as a new one, not from the backup of my 4S. I jsut synced my content over from iTunes and it is lightning fast. I see it working faster than my 4S was and am very impressed with it. You can try restoring the device from a backup http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766 and if that does not correct your issue, then restore the device as new. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Dec 13, 2013 4:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks, yes, I had an iPhone 5 running with iOS 6 and then I upgraged to iOs 7. I made a backup from it and activated my new iPhone 5s with that copy like you asked, don't know if that's what causes my problem. So I could restore it as a new device, then activate iCloud and just get my contacts (which is the only thing I would really use it for, cause I don't have music on it and all my media is backed up with iPhoto).

Dec 13, 2013 4:27 PM in response to Tonchi

Tonchi,

If you affected everything that was a part of that article and you are STILL having sluggish issues with your IOS 7 I seriously would consider doing a restore of your device WITHOUT restoring your backup to the restore. IF you are still having issues after making these adjustments and when I say 'issues' I'm talking about more than a couple of seconds lag I would be looking seriously at the backup you have chosen to restore. The iPhone 5 with IOS 7 is NOT as sluggish as you are describing.

Good luck

Why does it take so long for ANY app in iOS7 for iPhone 5s to close or shut down? My sister's iOS6 is way faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.