Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Desktop Client perpetual update

The App Store icon in my Dock always has a little "1" badge on it indicating that 1 app is available for update. That 1 app is "Remote Desktop Client Update 3.7.1" via "Software Update." However, when I click either "Update" or "Update All," it seems to update, but the "1" badge doesn't go away and the App Store perpetually shows that the Remote Desktop Client is always available for update. FYI: I have two Macs and this problem happens on only one of them.

Why is this the case? How can it be fixed?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 8 GB RAM

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 4:51 PM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2013 3:53 PM in response to Linc Davis

That doesn't really apply since I have only a single volume and a single Applications folder, i.e., I have no copies of my applications to add to Privacy tab of Spotlight.

What I did find, however, was http://support.apple.com/downloads/#serversandenterprisesoftware where I manually downloaded ARDC from and manually installed it. After re-running the App Store app, it now no longer shows ARDC needing to be updated.

Nov 8, 2014 10:40 AM in response to Paul J. Lucas

I went to the site you mention, and downloaded ARD 3.7.2. Maddeningly, when I try to install it, it tells me it can't be installed, because there is already a newer version of the software installed! Despite the fact that the version on the machine now and the one to be installed are the same, and have the same modification date... I suppose that means I should uninstall the one that's there and start over again ... although I am reluctant to delete something that works in hopes that it can be successfully replaced.

Remote Desktop Client perpetual update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.