Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office Junk

So I recently got my very first Macbook Pro!
I didn't order Office, so I had to get it through my school. This, however, forced me to download everything in the suite.
Now since this is my first Macbook I am really weird about having things on it I don't need that will only take up space.
I only wanted to keep Word and PowerPoint, so I deleted all the excess weight from the other programs (Excel, Outlook, etc.) but there's still certain aspects I'm unsure whether or not I can get rid of.

If anyone has the knowledge to help me figure out what can stay and what can go, I've attached a screen shot of the file.
I know this may be a stupid or weird request, but it's going to bother me if there's stuff on there that's only serving the purpose of taking up space.
User uploaded file

I'm use to being trolled on the Microsoft forums when looking for help, so please be gentle.

Thanks!

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 10:53 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

When you run the Office installer, you can find a button to customize the Office installation when you see how much space Office takes, so you can choose which applications you want to install. In this case, Microsoft does not force you to install everything.

If you deleted the apps you did not need, there's nothing else to do. That folder is right, and most (if not all) files inside are needed by Word and PowerPoint

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2013 10:53 PM in response to rj4300

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

When you run the Office installer, you can find a button to customize the Office installation when you see how much space Office takes, so you can choose which applications you want to install. In this case, Microsoft does not force you to install everything.

If you deleted the apps you did not need, there's nothing else to do. That folder is right, and most (if not all) files inside are needed by Word and PowerPoint

Microsoft Office Junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.