Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"not enough storage, go to settings". What am I doing wrong?

I use an IPad and an IPod touch. I had the message that "not enough storage" was left for me to download new music I've bought. I then purchased the iCloud twelve pound yearly storage plan. However I am still getting the message "not enough storage .... Go to settings". I decided to purchase the next plan, ( twenty eight pounds a year) but still get the same message. I can't download new apps either. What am I doing wrong? I certainly don't have anywhere near that amount if music/photos.

Hope you can help. Thank you, Janice

iPod nano, iOS 1.x, iPod Touch 5.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 1:05 AM

10 replies

Dec 14, 2013 1:45 AM in response to david.menzel

When I had the message the first time, and bought storage from ICloud. The message came up again a few days later, , so I bought more space. What I cannot understand is that I have added nothing since purchasing the first storage from I cloud, let alone the second storage plan. I am told I have space available when I go into "settings". I have used 13.8 GB and have 91.60 MB available. iCloud tells me I have total storage of 15 GB and available 12.9GB.

Tis means I have a lot of space on I cloud, doesn't it?

Dec 14, 2013 1:51 AM in response to Janice201

Janice201 wrote:

. when I go into "settings". I have used 13.8 GB and have 91.60 MB available.

iCloud tells me I have total storage of 15 GB and available 12.9GB.

Tis means I have a lot of space on I cloud, doesn't it?

Yes... BUT you Do Not have enough Space on your Device.

You need to Delete Content from your Device.

Note:

iCloud Storage does not increase the Storage Capacity of a Device.

Dec 14, 2013 4:16 AM in response to Janice201

Thank you for this information. I now understand that buying extra space from ICloud does not mean I can keep increasing stuff on my iPad.

So..... If I delete stuff from my iPad, does this mean that it will be stored on ICloud should I want to retrieve it at some future date? If this is so, how would I find the music/photos etc stored on ICloud ?

Sorry, if I sound stupid!!

Janice

"not enough storage, go to settings". What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.