Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will simcity work on my 13 inch MacBook Pro ?

Hi all,

I am getting a MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display ( the £1,200 one)

I wanted to know if I can play simcity 5 and the sims 3. I understand that simcity and the sims games aren't very demanding games but I still just wanted to know.

Thanks, Dylan.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 7:24 AM

They should work without any problem. The Intel Iris GPU is not the most recommended GPU because it is an integrated GPU and it is not designed for games, but it will give you basic performance to run them. Do not expect the best graphic quality.

For games, I would recommend you a PC or the high-end 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display if you really want the best graphic performance

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2013 7:24 AM in response to DylanIsHappyNow

They should work without any problem. The Intel Iris GPU is not the most recommended GPU because it is an integrated GPU and it is not designed for games, but it will give you basic performance to run them. Do not expect the best graphic quality.

For games, I would recommend you a PC or the high-end 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display if you really want the best graphic performance

Will simcity work on my 13 inch MacBook Pro ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.