Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help, usb drawing too much power

I have a 2 week old macbook pro. I have been using my macbook on a day to day basis within these 2 weeks.

When I went out for a short while, while leaving my iPhone 5 usb cable plugged into my mac (without the phone), when I came back, wanting to sync my music to my iPhone 5, my macbook sent me a message saying that the usb is drawing to much power, what can I do about this? When I try to plug in my iPod nano, my iPod doesn't connect, why? How do I stop this?

While we're at this, my iPad and my iPhone have also been giving me headaches, when I plug them into my wall to charge with the apple manufactured charger, I get messages saying "this accessory is not supported" both of my devices are up to date with the new iOS 7.1.3 however, when I use another black market charger, it works, but it doesn't help me with my problem of syncing music.

I really need help with this. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps 🙂

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:45 AM

1 reply

Please help, usb drawing too much power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.