Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My once empty, accepted debit card now has money in it, but it still is being declined by my account, how can I fix this?

I accidently purchased an app, but my card did not have money in it. This freezes my app download capability until I am able to pay for the app. When going to my card information screen, it says My card has been declined and another form of payment is required. I was paid yesterday and put in money to the card so that I can pay for the app, but it still says my card is being declined. I've tried deleting my card information and reentering it, but it won't let me delete it without putting other card information first. I do not have another card to put on this account. How do I fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, All this trouble over a $2 pet app😔

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 8:43 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2013 8:57 AM in response to Priscilla_05

That is something you'll need to check with your bank.

If you have the possibility to enter to online banking to see your debit card status,,, sometimes it will say something like this:

*Blocked

*Blocked (revolving)

*Inactive

*Temporarily inactive

If that is the case call your bank and ask them why is this...

Banks do this sometimes as a security measure in order to avoid frauds. When they detect and unauthorized withdraw or payment; or maybe an infrequent payment; or a payment to an non-trusted establishment.

This is why it's easier to use a Credit Card instead of a Debit card...

I hope this helps! 😉

My once empty, accepted debit card now has money in it, but it still is being declined by my account, how can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.