Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project in iPhoto library is missing photos

I am using an iphoto library for photos in both iphoto and Aperture 3.5. My O/S is Mavericks on a MBP Retina laptop.

Sometime after a recent upgrade--not sure it was the Mavericks, iphoto, or Aperture--I noticed that I was unable to edit picture in one of my favorite events/projects. This was a collection of JPEG and RAW files in PEF (Pentax) format. The thumbnails and metadata are present but the photos are missing.

I have already tried all of the options available in rebuilding the iphoto library using the option/command keys with no success.

Any help appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 12:26 PM

First of all, try to save at least the previews by dragging the thumbnails from the aperture Browser window to a folder on your Desktop.

Then check, if the original image files are really missing from the library, or Aperture only has lost the connection between thumbnails and original image files.

Select your Aperture lbrary in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Select the option "Show package contents". In the window that will open, select and open the folder "Masters". open the subfolder of the year > month > day you imported the project to Aperture. Are the original images still there?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2013 12:26 PM in response to slibyh

First of all, try to save at least the previews by dragging the thumbnails from the aperture Browser window to a folder on your Desktop.

Then check, if the original image files are really missing from the library, or Aperture only has lost the connection between thumbnails and original image files.

Select your Aperture lbrary in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Select the option "Show package contents". In the window that will open, select and open the folder "Masters". open the subfolder of the year > month > day you imported the project to Aperture. Are the original images still there?

Project in iPhoto library is missing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.