Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to the server at this time

my apple tv is giving me an error message of " cant' connect to the server at this time" I have a good signal from my network?

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 3:18 PM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2013 9:09 AM in response to muirfield14

Hello, muirfield14.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Sometimes a simple power cycle of the Apple TV and your wireless network resolves this issue. However, if the issue persists, try the steps in the attached section of the article below.

Network troubleshooting

If you're not able to associate with a wireless network:

• Check the IP address Apple TV is using. If it starts with 169.x.x.x, then the router or base station may not be configured properly. Check to see if DHCP access is available or configure Apple TV with a manual IP address.
  • If DHCP is available, go to Settings menu, select General then Network and Configure TCP/IP. Make sure the Apple TV is set to Automatic.
  • Check for any obstructions and adjust the location of the base station and/or Apple TV if necessary.
  • If security is enabled on the network, temporarily disable it on the base station and try connecting again.

You can also check the following articles to see if any apply to your network:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

Cheers,

Jason H.

can't connect to the server at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.