Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete an "event" in my photos on iphone

I have an album in my photos under "events" on my iphone. I'm not able to delete the album nor any of the photos in it. I don't know how to get rid of it. I thought connecting my iPhone to my iMac would help me but I was unable to find a way to delete these photos and this "event". Any clues?

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 4:11 PM

The album and the photos must exist in iPhoto on your Mac. You can either delete them there, or, if you only want them deleted on your iPhone and not iPhoto on your Mac, simply change the sync rules in iTunes when you connect your iPhone to sync. While connected, choose the "Photos" tab in the iPhone's area, and uncheck the album from the sync instructions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2013 4:11 PM in response to James Thomson

The album and the photos must exist in iPhoto on your Mac. You can either delete them there, or, if you only want them deleted on your iPhone and not iPhoto on your Mac, simply change the sync rules in iTunes when you connect your iPhone to sync. While connected, choose the "Photos" tab in the iPhone's area, and uncheck the album from the sync instructions.

Dec 14, 2013 4:12 PM in response to James Thomson

If the event was created by syncing to your computer you can remove it from your phone by connecting it to your computer and using iTunes to sync again but this time choosing not to sync that event (or if you wish to remove all photos that originally came from your computer you can remove the check mark beside "Sync Photos from" and then sync. There are more details at: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4236

I can't delete an "event" in my photos on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.