3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2013 6:21 PM by James Thomson
James Thomson Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)

I have an album in my photos under "events" on my iphone.  I'm not able to delete the album nor any of the photos in it.  I don't know how to get rid of it.  I thought connecting my iPhone to my iMac would help me but I was unable to find a way to delete these photos and this "event".  Any clues?

• sberman Level 7 Level 7 (26,455 points)

The album and the photos must exist in iPhoto on your Mac.  You can either delete them there, or, if you only want them deleted on your iPhone and not iPhoto on your Mac, simply change the sync rules in iTunes when you connect your iPhone to sync.  While connected, choose the "Photos" tab in the iPhone's area, and uncheck the album from the sync instructions.

• FoxFifth Level 6 Level 6 (9,220 points)

If the event was created by syncing to your computer you can remove it from your phone by connecting it to your computer and using iTunes to sync again but this time choosing not to sync that event (or if you wish to remove all photos that originally came from your computer you can remove the check mark beside "Sync Photos from" and then sync. There are more details at: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4236

• James Thomson Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)

The problem is that the event was simply not showing up on the itunes iphone browser.  But I just randomly tried syncing the iphone and the photos in iPhoto (was was empty because I don't use iphoto) and it somehow wiped out the unwanted folder.  So, I've had success in a roundabout way.