Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an mac book OS 10 purchased in 2008 with upgraded software. My safari is 5.1 . How do I update sarfari to 6.x or higher

I have an mac book OS 10.x purchased in 2008 with upgraded software to date. My safari is 5.1 . How do upgrade my Safari 5.1 to Safari 6.1 or higher required for icloud?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Safari level 5.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 3:16 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2013 3:19 PM in response to Bobbisadler

You need to upgrade the computer's OS. Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Mavericks. If you get told it's incompatible, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) or better CPU with at least 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as Microsoft Office 2004.

(94782)

I have an mac book OS 10 purchased in 2008 with upgraded software. My safari is 5.1 . How do I update sarfari to 6.x or higher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.