Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the on screen volume control in You Tube?

I have a new iPad Air and cannot locate the on screen volume control (slider) in You Tube. Did this essential feature get dropped in iOS7? It seems that an on screen volume control is a very basic feature. Any insights?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 3:56 PM

8 replies

Dec 14, 2013 4:29 PM in response to bobseufert

I did try that too (was already turned on). It seems like this is a big step backwards, since even if control center worked in YouTube, it requires stopping the video, opening the control center, closing it, and restarting the video. Very counterproductive to simply restoring a volume slider on the basic You Tube controller, next to the timeline slider. Again, I appreciate the help. For now, I can use the buttons on the side of the iPad (not as convenient), and hope a newer version of You Tube will restore volume controls that work in next upgrade.

Feb 2, 2014 6:34 AM in response to Scott Barrows1

Yet another bad idea from Apple. Sliding up from the bottom to get the volume contrail is not intuitive and doesn't work well at all on the IPad Air if it's in the case. I just want to play my iTunes songs through my speakers via wifi and it took forever to find the screen volume control. There was nothing wrong when the small icon next to the playback was used on earlier versions.

Where is the on screen volume control in You Tube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.