Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are no updates available for any of the apps in your iTunes library

For the past few days when I try to update the apps via itunes on my mac, I get the message "There are no updates available for any of the apps in your iTunes library". Now I know that this isn't true as I get updates on my iphone, ipad and my husband's iphone. I have tried logging into both mine and my husband's account on itunes on mac and still no joy. The only workaround I have found at the moment, is to manually type in the name of the app that needs updating in the search facility on itunes store and then the update box appears for that particular app. Not only is this time consuming and frankly a pain, but it relies on me remembering the names of apps that need updating. This has only happened in the last few days and was working fine about a week ago. I haven't changed any settings on the mac (running OSX Lion).

I can't seem to find any solution. The only post that I have found is possibly some Apple server issue, but that doesn't explain why updates still work on iphone and ipad. Help please (am now really fed up with this).

Unfortunately Apple phone support has been most unhelpful...

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 12:47 AM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2013 5:08 AM in response to The Blues

%100 this is the solution:

(after 10 hours of finding out)

the idea is: remove any app wich is not from your apple ID or from your old apple ID

just keep the apps that are from your current apple ID (it must be one apple ID apps in itunes library)

for me :I used to have 2 apple ID (kuwait and US)

but you must keep one

open itunes

iTunes > Apps > List (view)

(right click) on the first app > get info

now the window shows

find this field (apple ID)

you will see your ID (if not ) delete the app or redownload it from your apple ID

then click (Next) and do this for all apps

untel you reach this point: all apps are from one apple ID

I know it is strange but %100 this is the solution I am very sure about this

also Apple still dont know about this

I tried to contact them

many people said they only use one apple ID

but :

apple ID is :

user name

password

the user name is an email

some people changed the email to another in the past

but some apps still signed in that email because they did not updated since

just try this

and I am 100% sure you will find at least one app still signed in your old apple iD

or cracked app(which is not from your apple ID or without any apple ID)

just try the solution and it will be fixed

Dec 15, 2013 10:45 AM in response to abdullafr

I only have one apple ID which is the old style ID and not an email address. I think that deleting all my apps (nearly 400) is somewhat pointless and perhaps the fact that this is happening to several other people in different countries (see other thread above), would mean that it is a problem with Apple's servers and not my itunes account.

Perhaps Apple should pull their finger out and fix the problem, which only started a few days ago, then everyone would be happy.

There are no updates available for any of the apps in your iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.