Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello I have just installed my license for OS v 10.6.3 and installed the upgrades on a new hard drive. I would like to upgrade to my license for Lion. How do I do this (through the Apple Store I guess). Cheers

Hello, I have just installed my license for Mac OS v 10.6.3 and installed updates including security updates.

I have a licence for Lion that is sitting on Apples computer somewhere.

How do I access my account and install Lion on my machine?

Beyond that I want to upgrade to Maverick but given I work out the first step upgrading to Maverick should be easy.

Thanks, Julian R A

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 1:47 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

OS X Lion could be purchased from the Mac App Store (and now, at the Apple Online Store). Once you purchase it, you can download it as many times as you want for free.

Open  > Software Update, and install the most recent Mac OS X version. It should be Mac OS X 10.6.6 or newer. Then, open the Mac App Store, go to Purchases, log in with your Apple ID and download OS X Lion. Make a backup before upgrading and check that your apps are compatible > http://www.roaringapps.com

You can upgrade to OS X Mavericks from Mac OS X 10.6.6 or newer without any problem, so upgrading to OS X Lion first is a waste of time. Open the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2013 1:47 AM in response to Julian R A

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

OS X Lion could be purchased from the Mac App Store (and now, at the Apple Online Store). Once you purchase it, you can download it as many times as you want for free.

Open  > Software Update, and install the most recent Mac OS X version. It should be Mac OS X 10.6.6 or newer. Then, open the Mac App Store, go to Purchases, log in with your Apple ID and download OS X Lion. Make a backup before upgrading and check that your apps are compatible > http://www.roaringapps.com

You can upgrade to OS X Mavericks from Mac OS X 10.6.6 or newer without any problem, so upgrading to OS X Lion first is a waste of time. Open the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks

Dec 15, 2013 7:38 AM in response to Julian R A

Go with this final update combo for Snow Leopard. It has the final version of the Mac App Store for Snowy.

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 v1.1 update combo

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Then sign into your iTunes/Mac App Store account (Store menu( and download the OS X Lion installer from your Purchases list if you have already purchased Lion. But as stated by mi compadre mende1, if your Mac qualifies for OS X Mavericks, you can download the Maversicks installer and jump directly from Snowy to Mavs.

Hello I have just installed my license for OS v 10.6.3 and installed the upgrades on a new hard drive. I would like to upgrade to my license for Lion. How do I do this (through the Apple Store I guess). Cheers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.