Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I register a second hand mac book to my apple account?

I just bought a second hand mac book, and I would like to register it to ;y account to be able to access things (like my ibooks) registered from my iPad directly on my mac book.

the previous owner asked the apple supprt and they said I need to contact them to make them update the information about this mac book to my account, but I can't contact them because the mac book does not have any guarantee anymore ... I don't need a technical supprt, just need to update the mac book information to my accound.

what ca I do?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 6:01 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2013 9:08 AM in response to Dah•veed

thnaks for the answer. The previous owner asked apple care to disassociate the mac but they said that the new owner needs to contact them so that they can update the ownership (apparently they can't leave it with nobody).

In fact the previous owner erased the HDD, and as it is my first mac book, I did not have any licence to re-install it so we re-installed it with his accout.

the previous owner used the chat support, but I can't find it 😟

How can I register a second hand mac book to my apple account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.