Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i copy my data files from a windows backup to mac mini

I recently purchased a mac mini and waiting on its arrival. I am converting from WinXP and my current system is not working at the moment (started smelling smoke one day and the video hasn't displayed since from the PC - so its been shut down). I can easily fix whatever the issue is with the PC - however - my question is. I perform periodic backup of my data files to an external drive with Windows Backup, can I restore my files from the Windows Backup to the Mac Mini? If I don't have to fix the PC - I can save that cost and buy an CD drive for the Mini (or something else).

I haven't investigated the real problem on the PC - I just know its hardware related (not OS).

My last backup was atleast 1 month ago - so I know I might lose a couple of things....but not very much. If its "simplier" for the migration process to fix the PC - then that is the answer but if I can extract from the external 1TB Seagate. I think I only have 50GB of data (itunes / pictures / etc)

Thanks

Mac mini (Mid 2011)

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 6:46 AM

1 reply

how can i copy my data files from a windows backup to mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.