Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft office for mac error in word application

Hi Friends, I come back here since several years; I have a problem with my Office for mac 2008. After an Office reinstallation Word doesn't work no more...it opens but or 1) it makes me wait for a longtime without allowing to write a text (the application crashes) 2) it opens and after some seconds it closes without a reason...how can I solve the problem? as suggested by a friend of mine, I put off of Preferences the com.microsoft.Word.plist but with no result...excel and power point work regularly...!! please help me

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 6:13 AM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2013 1:30 PM in response to felamod

this is what console says during word crash:

Microsoft Word[484] Can't open input server /Users/MYNAME/Library/InputManagers/SafariStand4.0T168

2013-12-15 22:26:35.724 Microsoft Database Daemon[486] Can't open input server /Users/MY NAME/Library/InputManagers/SafariStand4.0T168

File add.stp non trovato

Microsoft Word(484,0xafdfad88) malloc: *** error for object 0x5ae16b0: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed, break at szone_error to debug

Microsoft Word(484,0xafdfad88) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug

File add.stp not found

What do you think about?

microsoft office for mac error in word application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.