Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create Local Network Home Folders for Users from an Active Directory binding?

My situation is this... I run an iMac lab at my school. I have a server set up to manage the network user accounts in the lab. Currently, I can sucessfully create Local Network Users and log in to them from any of the iMacs. My school has an Active Directory set up for all the students on campus. What I'd like to be able to do is configure the server to allow the students to use their user names and passwords from their school accounts to log in to the iMacs and have it automatically build a network user folder on the server for them to use during the lab.

So far, I have been able to configure access for the Active Directory accounts to use the services on the server, mainly File Sharing, but I cannot figure out how to allow them to log into a user account on the client's machines using their same Active Directory credentials. I have even attempted to allow the user accounts to create mobile accounts, but that's not working out either. Entering indivual network user accounts into the server for every student every semester will be a nightmare. I'm sure there's a way to do it automatically using the exisitng Active Directory structure.

The live server is running 10.8.5 Server still, but I've also got a clone running OS X Server in case it matters. Please help!

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Server 10.8.5 running on a Mac mini

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 11:52 AM

There are no replies.

How do I create Local Network Home Folders for Users from an Active Directory binding?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.