Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my new touch on my MacOS to the iTunes apple id same as other touch I'm still using and not lose everything, and how?

Hi,

I have a Ipod Touch that I have an apple ID for and have set up on my MAC OS with Itunes and all that jazz.

I however fully admit I know very little about properly using Itunes especially when I get new Ipods. Case and Point = I have 6 different Ipod versions and have never known how to transfer the music from any on of them to a new one or add it to one library because one time when plugging in a Ipod nano I lost everything off my other ipod nano and my library and it all just didn't work out well.

Now I have another Ipod Touch. I learned that you should use the same apple id for a new Ipod-thats something new I didn't know. The others are under Id's and emails I don't even remember honestly. Not sure how I'll ever fix that.

I've read about 2 user accounts. Get stuck with something about a key on my mac wanting authorization when I had two accounts, so thats just out.

I've read about 2 libraries, but do not really understand the process & have not gotten anywhere with the pressing option while opening ITunes-Do I have to have my second touch plugged in first? That doesn't seem right.

My Main question, well, one of em: I set up the second touch with same Apple ID but I have not attached to my Mac Because I am afraid of whatever may happen. So: Will my Mac say "Hey, what's this Second ipod and what's your purpose kinda deal?" or Will it replace my other ipod and wipe it blank, my Mac then saying some other choice words to me about the attempt of two ipods. . .?

So-My Goal here: When I open ITunes or it opens when connected to one of the touches (at this point I've lost hope on the other ipods for now) how do I make it so that under devices it shows the names of Two Different Ipods-I did name them differently if that matters. And How then do I make the Mac know which touch I connect or will it just Know by the powers that be? And How Can I Split some of the data from my 1st touch to my 2nd touch? And Add new data to one or the other or both.

My No Logic behind it Easy idea I wonder of: Can I just connect the new Blank touch in to my mac that already has a touch with Data on it, both under the same email and apple id, and have nothing go wrong? Will my Mac set it up like a new ipod and list it as a new one under devices ? ? Then Ask another question on how to transfer some of my data from one to the other in another Incredibly Long post, such as this?

Sharing between the two (and maybe the others later one): I only have 1 MAC so the whole home share doesn't seem to help me here. But I've read of familys-whole families!-having multiple ipod users, I'm guessing under the same apple ID? ? ? I don't really know, anyway, and they can sync the data from one area, or different libraries for each. HOW? And what's best for me to do, or rather, since you see how little I understand of this entire process, which method do you think I can actually complete without messing something or everything up?:)

Any help here would be great. I sincerely apologize if this is a repeat and I just don't get the other questions or answers. I'd just really like to figure this out so that my 6 other Ipods from past years with complete music libraries and forever unseen photos -once they had a camera-yeah, it goes back that far . . . It'd be nice to actually have all that back, or at least accessible without fear that it'll all disappear. What would happen if I connnected an Ipod nano that I think has another apple ID to my MAC? Would Itunes like fizz out and banish my touch or something? Yeah, I need help. I can use em. . .does not mean you have to be smarter than the device apparently. Well, its Itunes that really just doesn't get along with me or my devices I think. . .Thank you for any ideas on simplifying this all for me.

iPod touch, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Two touch's, same Apple ID, one MAC

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 1:27 PM

Just connect the new iPod to your computer and setup the iPod via iTunes (instead of via wifi).

If you want to copy all the infor from an old iPod touch to the inew iPod see:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

1 reply

Can I connect my new touch on my MacOS to the iTunes apple id same as other touch I'm still using and not lose everything, and how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.