Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do u change iCloud account email

Can't change email for iCloud on iphone

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 3:01 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Firstly, you need to change your details with Apple, Start here, change your country if necessary and go to manage your account. You may have already done this.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

Providing you are simply updating your existing details and not changing to another account, when you delete your account, all the data that is synced with iCloud will also be deleted from the device (but not from iCloud), but will be synced back to your device when you login again.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your computer, you need to sign out of the account from your computer first, then sign back in using your updated details. (System Preferences > iCloud, click the sign out button)

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iTunes account on your iOS device, you need to sign out from your iOS device first, then sign back in using your updated details. (Settings > iTunes & App store, scroll down and tap your ID)

If you are using iMessages or FaceTime, you will also need to log out and into your ID there too.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2013 3:01 PM in response to G52988m

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Firstly, you need to change your details with Apple, Start here, change your country if necessary and go to manage your account. You may have already done this.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

Providing you are simply updating your existing details and not changing to another account, when you delete your account, all the data that is synced with iCloud will also be deleted from the device (but not from iCloud), but will be synced back to your device when you login again.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your computer, you need to sign out of the account from your computer first, then sign back in using your updated details. (System Preferences > iCloud, click the sign out button)

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iTunes account on your iOS device, you need to sign out from your iOS device first, then sign back in using your updated details. (Settings > iTunes & App store, scroll down and tap your ID)

If you are using iMessages or FaceTime, you will also need to log out and into your ID there too.

Dec 17, 2013 10:41 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Ok...I have the same issue as G52988m. I've tried to delete the account as suggested but it will not delete due to incorrect account data. I changed my account email a while back due to issues with the email address but the changes never updated in my phone. I've tried to manually go in and make the changes but cannot. Now it won't even let me delete the account and install anew! What am I doing wrong?

Jun 28, 2014 11:30 AM in response to aHmAda1m33

Okay, that didn't work. I have the same problem. I changed our apple id and icloud id to a new email address on the computer. I already saved it and was able to change the id on itunes on my iphone 5s but can not change the icloud id. It keeps showing my old email id and of course when I put in the password for the old id it keeps saying it's wrong so it won't let me delete the account on my iphone.

Jun 28, 2014 1:37 PM in response to acooke33

acooke33 wrote:

It keeps showing my old email id and of course when I put in the password for the old id it keeps saying it's wrong so it won't let me delete the account on my iphone.

If the old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

How do u change iCloud account email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.