Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace FontBook

Hi, I just upgraded to Mavericks, well actually I installed it on an external SSD drive and in the process, going between the two OS (8.5 and 9) I trashed the Mavericks version of FontBook.

I would really like to have it back. I could not find it in the App store, nor on Apple's "support" sites.

If anyone has a great idea about how to replace this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mark

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mavericks is on external SSD

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 8:17 AM

I started to follow Kurt Lang's advice, and I actually credit him with solving the problem, but for some reason it was a lot easier than he said.

First of all, for some reason, my installer for Macvericks did not erase itself. I just moved it to a different drive and reinstalled Mavericks. It kept all my set up information, did not erase the partition, and acutally put fontbook back. sweet.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 8:17 AM in response to frogonoboe

I started to follow Kurt Lang's advice, and I actually credit him with solving the problem, but for some reason it was a lot easier than he said.

First of all, for some reason, my installer for Macvericks did not erase itself. I just moved it to a different drive and reinstalled Mavericks. It kept all my set up information, did not erase the partition, and acutally put fontbook back. sweet.

Replace FontBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.